- Deo SV, Shukla NK, Raina V, Mohanti BK, Sharan R, Kar M, Rath GK. Organ-preserving multimodality management of squamous cell carcinoma of anal canal. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2005 Sep-Oct; 24(5):201-4.
- Kuriakose MA, Sharan R. Oral Cancer Prevention. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2006 Nov. 18 (4): 493-511.
- Thankappan K, Kuriakose MA, Chatni SS, Sharan R, Trivedi NP, Vijayaraghavan S, Sharma M, Iyer S. Lateral arm free flap for oral tongue reconstruction: an analysis of surgical details, morbidity, functional and esthetic outcome. Ann Plast Surg. 2011 Mar;66 (3):261-6.
- Sharan R, Thankappan KK, Iyer S, Panicker D, Kuriakose MA. Intraoperative transillumination to determine the extent of frontal sinus in subcranial approach to anterior skull base. Skull Base. 2011 Mar;21(2):71-4.
- Shukla NK, Hazarika S, Deo S, Kar M, Kumar S, Samaiya A, Sharan R, Rath GK. Salivary gland tumours: profile and management at a tertiary cancer centre. J Indian Med Assoc. 2011 Jun;109(6):381-5.
- Chatni SS, Sharan R, Iyer S, Kuriakose MA. Extended maxillectomy by transmandibular approach. Amrita Journal of Medicine 2007; 2:23-28
- Sharan R, Sharma M, Vijayaraghavan S, Sasidharan PR, Kuriakose MA, Iyer S. Use of double free flaps for locally advanced lesions of head and neck. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. November 2007 ;Vol. 36(11), 1054(Abstract)
- Kuriakose MA, Sorin A, Sharan R, Fishman AJ, Babu R, DeLacure MD. Quantitative Evaluation of Transtemporal and Facial Translocation Approaches to Infratemporal Fossa. Skull Base, 2008; 18: 17-27
- Durah S, Thankappan KK, Sharan R, Kekatpure V. In reference to Classification and Management of Tracheoesophageal and Tracheopharyngeal Fistulas after Laryngectomy. Laryngoscope 2008, May;118(5):944
- Sharan R, Iyer S, Chatni SS, Samuel J, Sundaram KR, Cohen RF, Pavithran K, Kuriakose MA. Increased plate and osteosynthesis related complications associated with postoperative concurrent chemoradiotherapy in oral cancer. Head & Neck 2008 ; Nov; 30(11):1422-30.
- Sharan R, Sharma M, Vijayaraghavan S, Sasidharan PR, Kuriakose MA, Iyer S. A simplified technique of free flap pedicle transfer for Reconstruction of Defects Following Head and Neck Cancer Ablation. J Surg Oncol 2009; Jan 1; 99(1):80-1.
- Thankappan KK, Sharan R, Iyer S, Kuriakose MA. Aesthetic and anatomic basis of modified lateral rhinotomy incision. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Jan; 67(1):231-4.
- Sharma M, Iyer S, Kuriakose MA, Sandeep V, Arun P, Sudhir VR, Chatni SS, Sharan R. Functional reconstruction of near total glossectomy defects using composite gastro mental – dynamic gracilis flaps. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2009 Oct;62(10):1277-80.
- Chatni SS, Sharan R, Patel D, Iyer S, Tiwari RM, Kuriakose MA. Transmandibular approach for excision of maxillary sinus tumors extending to pterygopalatine and infratemporal fossae. Oral Oncol. 2009 Aug;45(8):720-6
- Battoo AJ, Sharan R, Ahmad SZ, Durah S, Kekatpure V. In Reference to “Impact of Second Primary Tumors on Survival in Head and Neck Cancer: An Analysis of 2,063 Cases”. Laryngoscope. 2009 Jul 13. [Epub ahead of print].
- Balasubramanian D, Thankappan K, Kuriakose MA, Duraisamy S, Sharan R, Mathew J, Sharma M, Iyer S. Reconstructive indications of simultaneous double free flaps in the head and neck: A case series and literature review. Microsurgery. 2012 Mar 21. doi: 10.1002/micr.21963. [Epub ahead of print]
- Guha S, Guha R, Manikantan K, Sharan R, Arun P, Mallick I, Chatterjee S. Synchronous Bilateral Acinic Cell Carcinoma of the Parotid. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2012; 4: 092-093. doi:10.4172/1948-5956.1000118
- Jena A, Patnayak R, Sharan R, Reddy SK, Manilal B, Rao LM. Outcomes of Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap in Female Patients for Oral Cavity Defect Reconstruction. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Aug 11. pii: S0278-2391(13)00810-0. doi:10.1016/j.joms. 2013.06.205. [Epub ahead of print]
- Rajeev Sharan. Chemoprevention of head and neck cancer. In AHEAD Current Concepts in Head and Neck Oncology 2009, published by Foundation Head and Neck Oncology of India and Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Rajeev Sharan and Anil D’Cruz. Management of unknown primary with neck secondary. In AHEAD Current Concepts in Head and Neck Oncology 2009, published by Foundation Head and Neck Oncology of India and Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Rajeev Sharan and Devendra Chaukar. Mandible in oral and oropharyngeal cancers. In AHEAD Current Concepts in Head and Neck Oncology 2009, published by Foundation Head and Neck Oncology of India and Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
Efficacy of Different Regimens for Treatment of Lymph Node Tuberculosis: A Prospective Randomized Study
Duration: Jan 2000 to Dec 2001
Computerized prospective Soft Tissue sarcoma Data Base preparation and maintenance in the department of Surgical Oncology, IRCH, AIIMS
Duration: Sep.2002 to Aug 2005
Prevalence of hypothyroidism following treatment of head-neck cancer and its impact on quality of life- a prospective study
Duration: December 2006 to July 2008
Plate and Osteosynthesis Related Complications Associated With Postoperative Concurrent Chemoradiation
Duration July 2006 to June 2007
To isolate human oral cancer stem cells from patient’s tumors and establishment of its primary culture – principal investigator at TMC
Duration Aug 2012 onwards
Carotid Artery Sparing Radiotherapy in Early Laryngeal Cancers (CARSREL study) – one of the co-investigators
Patients’ perspective on radiotherapy treatment decision in locally advanced [stage III/IV] cancers of the head and neck (PORDLA) – one of the co-investigators
Effect of nutritional status on perioperative outcome in head and neck cancer patients: a prospective study- one of the co-investigators